NOTE: We are gradually reopening after the recent (spring 2020) pandemic shutdown. Sunday School resumes at 9:45 am following the early (8:30) worship service.
Summer 2020 Sunday School Schedule
HEBREWS: Nick Greear, Teacher Ends July 5
ROMANS: Doug McCully, Teacher Ends August 2
FOLLOWING JESUS: Chary Scroggins, Teacher
Class Schedule: June 28 – August 9
- Saved by God June 28
- Living by God’s Ways July 5
- Listening to God July 12
- Talking to God July 19
- Meeting with God’s Family July 26
- Meeting the World Aug 2
- Living in Hope Aug 9
August 16-30: No Classes
September: MEMBERSHIP MATTERS CLASS
October: New Classes Begin
Teachers will be able to post notes, lesson plans, outlines, etc. on a website page for their class. Please select the appropriate class from the list below to go to that page. Full description below.
Spring Quarter Sunday School: Begins April 5, 2020, details below.
Here are links to individual class pages: (You may want to save your class in your bookmarks for future reference.)
Five seminars will be held from 9:45 to10:45 AM as follows:
- Classroom #5. Nick Greear will be completing the study of the Book of Hebrews begun in January. Upon completion (3-5 weeks) he will be offering various other seminars to complete the spring quarter.
- Classroom #1. Doug McCully will lead a 13-week Bible study on the book of Romans for groups of all ages that takes participants deep into the context of God’s Word and challenges them to live it out in their own context.
- Classroom#7 (Library). Ed Reese will also lead a 13 week course entitled How to Grow. Focusing on spiritual disciplines, topics include, among others, Bible intake, prayer, confession, stewardship, cultivating spiritual fruit, and perseverance.
- Classroom #2. Bill Wells will start the quarter with the six week course Explaining Christianity. For Christians and non-Christians alike, this course will cover the following topics: Jesus – Son of God, the crucifixion, resurrection, salvation by grace, repentance, and faith.
- Classroom #2. Chary Scroggins will follow Bill Wells starting May 17 with the seven week course Following Jesus. Weekly topics include saved by God, living by God’s ways, listening to God, talking to God, meeting with God’s family, meeting the world, and living in hope.
We hope we can meet normally as a church body on April 5, but if the current restriction on public gatherings are still in place, each leader will offer alternative learning opportunities be it on our church web site, emailing of lesson plans, home studies, or other methods.
It would be very helpful if you contact the leader of each seminar now and let them know if you will be attending their course so they can make alternative learning arrangements if restrictions are still in place.
Nick Greear: 856-6393 Doug McCully: 856-3862
Ed Reese: 856-3635 Chary Scroggins: 852-1724
Bill Wells: 856-3619