This page will contain announcements and communications with church members, with most recent at the top.
(11/29/20) The annual Christmas program will be 6:00 pm, Sunday, Dec. 13. This will be a candle lighting and Lottie Moon Christmas Offering Service and will also include music from the choir, solos, congregational carols and reading from the Scripture. Plan to be there and enjoy.
This is the season of the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, which provides about half of the International Mission Board annual budget. During the week of prayer for international missions, check out the video for each day here.
(11/8/20) Letter to the church regarding COVID:
November 8, 2020
*In light of the current guidelines distributed by mail from the Delta County Health Dept.
And based on conversations the elders have had after reading the current Imprimis article which includes the Greater Barrington Declaration, we are implementing the following guidelines for our church services for this present time.
- Continue to provide masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves for those who choose to use them.
- Encourage church leadership to wear masks until seated in the auditorium or classroom.
- Limit gatherings outside of worship services to 10 individuals unless adequate distancing can be assured.
- Continue misting and sanitizing regimen between meetings.
- Worship service attendance will be limited to 50% capacity of the auditorium. (80 is the guestimate until on official occupancy rate is provided)
- Expedite the provision of video/audio capabilities in other rooms downstairs to allow for overflow when the auditorium is at capacity. This will also allow for livestreaming of worship services.
- Continue to receive the offerings via mail or in the offering plates that are available in the auditorium and foyer.
*Printed copies of the Imprimis article, Great Barrington Declaration, and County Guidelines are on the back table in the auditorium and are the basis for the following rationale for these guidelines:
- Known risk factors for our congregation.
- Communicating to our congregation proper respect for authoritiesawhile maintaining worship priorities.
- Preventing community misunderstanding or potential repercussions.
- Attendance is voluntary and every effort is being made to expandthe participation options for our congregation.
Thanks for your understanding,
(10/25/20) Nov. 1 we will observe the Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church and the Global Hunger Relief fund-raising meal.
Annual Business Meeting will be Nov. 15 at 6:00 pm.
New Sunday morning schedule beginning Nov. 1:
8:45 Sunday School
10:00 Worship service
(10/18/20) Global Hunger Relief annual fund raising dinner (beans and cornbread) will be after the morning service on Sunday, Nov. 1, 2020.
(10/18/20) Operation Christmas Child. Boxes available at church. Last day to return them is Nov. 22. How to pack a box and impact a child for eternity? Info here.
(9/27/20) The Fall Sunday School Quarter continues October 4 with a new selection of classes. Details here.